Monday, February 28, 2011

What's your reason for blogging?

Hi everyone.  This is my first time blogging, so I'm just testing the waters.  The word "blog" (short for web log), sounds like it is supposed to be an online diary. I don't keep a diary, but if I did I couldn't imagine making it public, not that I suspect anyone would want to read it anyway. From what I'm told, blogging originated as a quick way to keep friends and family updated on your life. But since I don't have any friends or any family that I'm on speaking terms with, I'm really not sure who will read when I write "I moved to Houston," or "I woke up late and missed the train," or any of the type of things people write on Twitter.  There are only a few blogs that I read, and those are clearly written with the intent of other people reading them.  Who would be my audience, and what can I write that they would want to read? And should I care if anyone reads it for that matter? 

If you blog, share with me some of the reasons you do so.  And whether you do or not, what do you think are the important ingredients to make a blog worth reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment